Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Trick or Treat

Halloween falls on the 31st of October. It is an annual holiday for US, UK, Canada and Ireland! But why not Malaysia :( I think that Halloween is fun because everyone can attend costume parties and go for trick-or-treating!

However trick-or-treating game do
es not seem to be widespread in Malaysia and i never see anyone practice this cultural game here before. It is actually a customary celebration for children during Halloween. Children dress up in their Halloween costumes and go from house to house in the neighborhood asking for treats as in candies or sometimes money, with the question "Trick or Treat?". The word trick refers to a threat to perform to the house owner if no treat is given. Isn't it fun? :D


Halloween costumes are traditionally modeled after m
onsters such as ghosts,vampires, witches and devils. While over time, the costume selection extended to a variety of choices such as princess, pirates and ninja. Some even dress up like celebrities such as Lady Gaga.

What is your favorable Halloween costumes this year? For me, I've decided to dress up like a
dead Geisha. I bought a Kimono costumes but not traditional one, it's short and sexy :)

And I'm going to make a hairdo in traditional Japanese way with a rotten flower on it. I'll put on terrifying makeup with red hot lipsticks and pale skin inspired by Zhi-Yi Zhang in The Geisha movie. The best attraction could be a bleeding wound on my neck that I wish to draw it with cosmetics so that it would look like a vampire's bite!

There will be a Halloween Party in Club9, Ipoh on 6th November. Sigh I hope they can make it on 30th October. They should have because it's Halloween's eve. Let's just hope they'll make it. I'm gonna attend for sure :D

No comments: