Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Security or Sparks

If you are given two options:

1. You are completely comfortable with your partner, both trustworthy. You're like living in a security blanket, fully pampered and cared by your partner. However, the love is not passionate enough, lack of romance and excitement.

2. You feel absolutely head over heels about the person, your heart aches for him/her. Your mood swings because of him/her. Sparks fly, unlimited surprises but at the same time you're unsure of whether it will last.

Would you take the risk and choose sparks over security, or stick to the safe and secure one?

I have dilemma in this situation.
If I choose the first option, I will have a stable and committed man in my life. Mature enough to guide me and take care of me. I can be a baby girl in his arms. As I'm not a typical young girl so logically I need a guaranteed relationship. He will probably get everything well-prepared for me. I will live a comfortable and peaceful life with a great companion. But I might also be bored to tears for the rest of my life.

However, if I choose the second option, I will probably be sparked up everyday. Smiling after every text and call from him. I can have fire and passion in my relationship. I am still young. Settling down seems kinda far away from me though. In life there must be risks and who knows it might worth? I will experience all kinds of feelings - happiness, excitement, jealousy and sadness in a sparky relationship. Somehow this relationship might not be long-lasting and unstable enough as my sparkling partner might not be mature enough to overcome all the problems that eventually turn up.

How good if there's a combination of option 1 and option 2? As security alone is not enough but excitement alone is not enough either. If there's someone that makes me comfortable at the same time able to sparkle up my days and make me fall in love again and again, that will be my ideal Mr. Right. Perhaps life doesn't really go on as what you wanted to.

So what's your choice?

No comments: