Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy Mooncake Festival

Greetings! Happy Moon cake Festival as known as Mid Autumn Festival :)
I am blessed than I could spend this great festival with my family!
Traditional festival should be celebrated with family~
For my family, we're going to have a divine dinner then some steamed peanuts and moon cakes
Simple and warm.

I personally adore snow-skin moon cakes.
I decided to make my own since my mom doesn't like to eat ending up she's not going to buy one for me.

I found my snow-skin moon cake recipe through Google.
After all, it's quite easy!
I can also make it into various shapes by
using different moulds.
I hope I can make a Hello Kitty Snow-skin Moon cake for Babe


Ingredients
75g glutinous fried rice flour
90g powdered sugar

33g shortening

75g cold drinking water

1/2 tsp condensed milk
Vanilla essenceColorings of you choice
Lotus paste,
Salted egg yolks, steamed on an oil plate for about 5-10min


Method
1. Sieve flour and powdered sugar 2. Add shortening and mix them till you get crumb like texture
3. Add water, condensed milk, essence and colouring, mix well until it forms a smooth dough
4. Set dough aside for at least 20mins

5. Make the fillings into ball shapes each 30g (inclusive of yolk if you using one)
6. Divide dough into small portion each 20g 7. Flatten dough to wrap up the fillings
8. Seal up dough to enclose filling completely

9. Press into mould and knock the mould to loosen the moon cake


Note: Ensure that you roll the dough with fried glutinous rice and sprinkle some of it in the mould to ease releasing the moon cake.
Try it at home :)

1 comment: