Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Winter is so cold


It is Winter Solstice Festival today; Well known as Dongzhi.
One of the most important festivals celebrated by the Chinese.
Traditionally, it is a time for the family to get together.
The most important activity in this festival is:
Making and Eating glutinous rice balls; aka Tong Yuen.
Tong Yuen symbolizes family unity and prosperity.


However, I could not have reunion with my family today.
I can feel how cold the winter is.
Everyone around me is making their Tong Yuen with their family.
However, I am here sitting in front of the screen;
Looking for Tong Yuen images and my family portrait.
I envy those that are celebrating this festival with families.
You should appreciate and be grateful.

Anyway;
Happy Winter Solstice Festival.

No comments: