Saturday, February 12, 2011

First second of Homesick

Time for boarding;
Waving goodbye to my love ones;
My heart weeped.
Once I walked into the boarding room;
I felt lonely.
Everyone around has companion;
Some with family;
Some with friends;
Some with spouse;
While I was all alone.

Announcement called for departure.
Time to leave my homeland.
Sitting next to me on the plane is a couple;
With their daughter - almost same age as TungTung.
It reminds of my lovely daughter :'(

I fell asleep right after meal.
I smiled in my dream;
I dreamed of my family.
I don't know why I woke up in tears.
Is this homesick?

I love window seat.
Fun to look at clouds and sea.
Somehow I fear to see the lights of KL.
Because it means arrival.
I stepped into the terminal.
I had an urge to buy a return ticket.
Too bad I don't have the courage to do so.
The fear of shamefulness stopped me.

I feel so alone.
I never had this feeling at home.
I miss home so much :'(
Can I go back for good?

2 comments:

JaniceW Shum said...

idk y.. reading this.. i noe exactly how u feel.. i away studying too..i gotta travel from ipoh to lcct then to kk to study.. whole journey, i'm alone :c
jus like how u feel.. lookin at those with partner, family, friends.. tears drop whenever im waitin in e airport.

Zoe said...

hello janice. so u're from ipoh? i travel all the way long from sandakan to kampar to study. yea it is so hard for us to leave home :( sigh